- Registration in person will be held in the Paradise Marina Building from 12:00pm Aug 1st – 6pm on Aug. 14th
- If registering online, please visit flounderpounderde.com/registration from 12:00pm Aug. 1st – 6pm Aug. 14th 2022.
- Optional Daily Calcutta entry fee for all 3 days you fish is $100 Aug. 1st – Aug. 7th and $125 from Aug. 8th – 14th. Each captain is eligible to weigh 1 flounder per day.
- *** To quality for the 1st Place Calcutta prize, your fish must weigh a minimum of 5 pounds. (Only for Calcutta Division and only for 1st Place) If your fish is not at least 5 pounds, you are eligible to win 2nd-7th Place in the Calcutta Division.
- Once an angler has been registered on your team, they cannot be removed from your team, or replaced by a new angler. Once they are registered, that is final. Each angler is only permitted to be registered on 1 team.
- This tournament will be a 5-day tournament where you will choose the 3 days you are going to fish.
- This will be a flounder tournament only and you must fish on a registered team by boat.
- The registration fee will be $300/team from Aug. 1st – 7th and will be $325/team from 8th – 14th. Team fee does not include Captain. The registration fee per angler is $150 from Aug. 1st – 7th and $175 Aug. 8th – 14th You may have up to 8 registered anglers on your boat with one being registered as the Captain. Everyone on the boat must be registered, no exceptions!
- A registered angler from your team is required to check in the morning you are NOT fishing before 7am. Lay Day check-ins will be at the Paradise Marina Building each day of the tournament from 6:00am-7:00am OR you may email Layday@flounderpounderde.com the day prior after 7:00pm or the day of your lay day before 7:00am. Once email is sent it is final, there is no going back. If you choose to not send an email, you must turn your lay day card in at the Paradise Marina that day between 6:00am-7:00am. If you choose to email, you MUST include the following information: Team number, team name, and type “LAYDAY” If you fish on Wednesday, August 17th, Thursday, August 18th, and Friday, August 19th, you are not required to report your lay day on Saturday, August 20th and Sunday August 21st.
- Captains may be switched within your boat, but only with a registered angler on your boat and you must update your registration form at the Paradise Marina prior to the tournament.
- You may ONLY fish 50 nautical miles from the Indian River Inlet Green Buoy #1! Any fish caught outside 50 nautical miles will be immediately disqualified!
- You may fish in both Delaware and Federal waters.
- T-shirts can be picked up at the t-shirt shop following the captains meeting as well as each day of the tournament from 3-6pm.
- Winning Flounder in the Overall Division are determined by weight, in the event of a tie, length will be used to break the tie. In the event that the 2 team’s fish have the same weight and length, the prize will be combined with the next place down and the 2 teams will split the combined 2 prizes. In the event that the 2 teams tie for 16th Place in the overall division, the 2 teams will split the 16th place prize only.
- Winning Flounder in the Optional Daily Calcutta Division are determined by weight, in the event of a tie, length will be used to break the tie. In the event that the 2 team’s fish have the same weight and length, the prize will be combined with the next place down and the 2 teams will split the combined 2 prizes. If 2 teams are tied for 7th Place in the Calcutta Division, the 2 teams will split the 7th place prize only.
- Each captain is eligible to weigh 1 flounder per day. The flounder must be weighed the day it is caught. It is the captain’s responsibility to bring the heaviest flounder to the weigh-ins. The captain will be the only one permitted on the stage during the weigh in.
- Scale master will verify the length with you on stage. Once the Captain leaves the Scales the weight and measurement of the fish is final.
- All fish must be landed using rod and reel, hook and line. You must hook, fight, and land your own fish. Another angler may net your fish; however, no gaffing is permitted. Must use net.
- Anglers must comply with all Federal and State of Delaware laws regarding size and number of flounder caught. The Department of Natural Resources sets the minimum size requirements for recreational summer flounder each year in Delaware.
- Once a fish is caught, a team may use any means to make their fish available for weighing. This includes but is not limited to switching his fish to another boat, being towed by another boat, or trucking the fish to the scales, however, you have to be in the Paradise Lagoon Bar by 6pm! Once the switch has been made, no team member may fish the remainder of that day.
- Each team is eligible to win one prize in the overall division and each team is eligible to win one prize in EACH of the 3 days they fish in the daily Calcutta if registered.
- If registering in person, you may pay by cash or credit. A 3.5% fee will be added to your payment total if paying with a credit card in person. If you are registering online at flounderpounderde.com/registration a 3.5% fee will be added to your payment total.
- Our awards ceremony will be held around 7:30pm on Sunday, Aug. 21st. The Band Live Wire will follow the ceremony.
- Winning checks will be distributed on Thursday, August 25th after 1pm.
- Winners will be subject to a lie detector test.
All fish entered will be subject to any examinations judges feel appropriate for the integrity of the tournament. Violation of the Tournament Rules shall constitute grounds for disqualification. Judges shall rule on any violation. The decision of the judges shall be final. All participants express by their entry in this tournament to release the Paradise Marina from any and all liability, losses for liable, slander, damage, negligence, injury or death suffered by any entrant, participant, companion, crew, guest or family member that may result from any tournament activity on land or sea. I understand and agree to abide by the rules of the Paradise Flounder Pounder Open Tournament.
Prize money will be issued Thursday, August 25th after 1pm. ID and SS# will be required!
Captain certifies that all flounder caught during the Tournament hours will be in accordance with all the rules of the Flounder Pounder Open. Integrity is everything.